Wednesday Nov 30, 2022
The Value of Volunteering at an Association
Our guest on this episode is Dominick Mondi, President of the MidAtlantic Society of Association Executives and Executive Director of the NE Spa and Pool Association. In it, our host Beth and Dominick discuss:
- Why you should consider volunteering at an association
- What is “micro-volunteering”?
- Keeping a volunteer base engaged and energetic
- The many ways people come to work for associations
- The challenges associations are facing and ways to deal with them
- Preparing your association for the future of member engagement
- The benefits of having regional chapters
- How to convince leadership of the benefits of attending gatherings beyond the big annual conference
- The kind of experiences that keep members really happy
- The power of personally asking prospects to attend get-togethers
- How to decide whether to volunteer at the local/regional level or national level
Don't forget to subscribe to Association Marketing Pros (AMP), Beth's weekly newsletter for association marketers.