Wednesday Dec 28, 2022
Member Engagement Through Being a True Servant Leader
In this episode of Higher Logic's Member Engagement Show, Kelly talks with Marianne Fray, CEO of the Maternity Care Coalition, an organization that works to improve the health and well-being of pregnant women and parenting families, and enhance school readiness for children 0-3.
With a 30+ year career inspiring diverse teams to do more together than they could alone to strengthen communities, Marianne has stablished two successful cross company industry communities that drive business innovation in the project management and life sciences industries. She has advised F100 companies on diversity and inclusion practices and is a founding member of a 501c6 non-profit organization called Women of Color in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
This episode explores:
- The meaning of being a servant leader
- The power of asking people what they need
- The need to check our assumptions and recognize how misperceptions can put people into reductive boxes and cause missed opportunities
- The importance of looking out for individual and systemic bias so that we can be prepared to examine and sometimes dismantle the conscious and unconscious judgments that shape and define our world
- What it means to truly represent your constituents
- The magic question that can kick off any relationship positively
To learn more about Marianne Fray and about black maternal mortality and morbidity, check out her article in Women's Way.
To learn more about Maternity Care Coalition's work, check out their 2022 Annual Report: Advocating for Parental Autonomy.
You can also download Higher Logic's 2022 Association Member Experience Report to learn more about what members value most from their associations.