Wednesday Mar 15, 2023
Ideas for Engaging Gen Z Members and Staff
Associations need to be able to draw in each new generation (both as members and staff) to continue grow and thrive. As Gen Z enters the workforce, how should associations adapt in order to demonstrate their relevance?
Our guest this episode is Hanna Holman, a 2021 graduate with a BA in strategic communication journalism. She was a project manager with Mountain Tennessee Outreach Project, a group working to alleviate substandard housing in rural Appalachia, and is now the membership assistant at Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research, a non-profit dedicated to advancing ethical research. There, she handles member recruitment and retention, produces member content, and serves as a primary point of contact for PRIM&R’s members.
The episode covers:
- Ideas for associations looking to engage the next generation of members and staff, and to adapt to a changing world.
- Gen Z’s key considerations when looking for professional roles and employment?
- Why Gen Z might be less likely to make work their passion and focus of their life than previous generations.
- Accounting for changes in work and learning expectations.
- Thinking beyond email and appearing in Gen Z’s lives more creatively.
- Reducing the barriers to information and engagement.
- Avoiding the damage outdated systems can do when you’re trying to appeal to Gen Z.
- Listening to younger staff members for a strategic advantage.
- Are younger generations even interested in joining associations? Do they even know about them?
- Leveraging FOMO.
- The power of candid, casual conversations (and not being afraid of them)
Keep exploring this topic during Higher Logic's free webinar on March 21, Attracting and Retaining the Next Generation of Association Members and Staff. During the webinar, a panel of association professionals will discuss:
- Considerations for your technological infrastructure
- Ideas for cultivating a flexible work and learning environment
- Strategies for supporting members’ and staff’s professional growth
- And more!