Friday Jul 15, 2022
The Past, Present, and Future of the Digital Member Experience
This week's guest, Jim Catts, explores how technology has presented both challenges and opportunities for association marketers. Jim is a career technologist who's currently co-funder and CTO of Rhythm Software. He's been working with associations to smartly apply technology to the work they do for around 20 years.
In the episode, we cover:
- How we’ve moved beyond running member experiences manually and physically
- The costs and lost opportunities of doing so
- The paradigm shifts of email and dynamic web
- How tech allows for personalized, on demand member content
- How associations are like Netflix (hint: is your association a content or technology company?)
- How associations are NOT like Amazon (hint: are your member driven by search?)
- How the pandemic changed member experience expectations
- How soon VR and AR will or won't become part of the member experience
- What’s the right way for associations to start using machine learning and AI?
- How newer generations are changing the member experience
- The tactical steps to take with your technology right now
Don't forget to subscribe to Association Marketing Pros (AMP), Beth's weekly newsletter for association marketers.