Wednesday Jun 15, 2022
Fostering and Maintaining Trust Between Your Association and Members
According to our guest, Kiki L'Italien, trust is an indispensable commodity. Gaining it takes both time and ongoing proof that trust in your association is well deserved.
KiKi has honed her approach to communications and strategy for many organizations – nonprofits and corporate alike – including Optica, American Red Cross National Headquarters, QVC, and the American Institute of Architects. Now a senior consultant with Tecker International, she speaks regularly about management strategy and cultivating communities of trust. KiKi is also creator and host of Association Chat, an online community, blog, and podcast reaching 72k individuals monthly.
In this episode, you'll discover:
- Why trust is a commodity that’s hard to come by
- What associations are doing to both win and lose trust
- The dangers of conflict of interest and how it hurts trust
- Why who you have running partnerships is key to maintaining trust
- How to build trust at scale
- The need to be an effective trust-builder both digitally and in person
- How overcomplicating things in order to sound smart can lose trust
- The key to authenticity – genuine curiosity
- The right communication channels for the right group
- Why you should commit to delivering what you say you’re going to deliver
- Why it pays to be mindful of your digital body language
- Why you should create environments where members aren’t afraid to participate because they aren’t “perfect” enough
- Character and competency, a winning combination
Don't forget to subscribe to Association Marketing Pros (AMP), Beth's weekly newsletter for association marketers.