Tuesday Feb 14, 2023
Looking Ahead at Trends and Needs for Associations
This episode, we talk with speaker and thought leader Reggie Henry, Chief Information and Performance Excellence officer at ASAE about what associations should be thinking about in 2023. We cover ground such as:
- Are we planning too much based on last year’s data and technology?
- Why you can't go back to how things were pre-pandemic.
- The importance of continuing to support the new and diverse people brought into the fold via virtual meetings.
- Preparing to attract and retain the next generation of members and staff.
- The importance of having listening posts in communities.
- How communities become critical in both pandemics and recessions.
- The new contract needed with members to get to personalization.
- Being mindful of the RONI, Return on NOT Investing.
- The importance of technology infrastructure and a smooth user experience.
- Best of Need vs. Best of Breed.
- The dangers of chasing the wrong metrics.
- Meeting people based on their interests, not on what we have to sell.
Learn more about ASAE and their upcoming events at ASAEcenter.org
Registration is now open for the 13th annual Super Forum, April 10-12 in Washington DC! You won’t want to miss this comprehensive conference for association professionals. There will be a whole host of sessions dedicated to helping you enhance your member experience, and you’ll have the opportunity to share ideas, strategies, and challenges with your peers in the field.
In a challenging economy, it’s more important than ever to stay on top of trends and tactics to keep your members renewing and to help your association thrive - and that's easier to do with a community of colleagues beside you. We hope to see you there!